My wife was threatening to leave me, and I really didn’t have many options. I was deciding between a place in Fort Lauderdale, and here. When I arrived, I was shocked that the setting was laid back, and not like a hospital. The other place I went was not like this.
Medically assisted inpatient detox with 24 hour supervision. Safely recover in a comfortable and private environment.
Alcohol withdrawal may require medical treatment. Medications may be used to treat physical symptoms while counseling and support groups help address behavior.
Battling addiction can be an isolating process. Whether you’re dealing with a substance abuse disorder or hoping to help a family member struggling with chronic addiction, our south Florida detox center can help you connect with the right people and step onto the road to recovery.
First Step Detox isn’t a standard drug or alcohol abuse treatment center. We couple medically supervised detox with proven behavioral therapies to treat the entire person, making our patients as comfortable throughout the process as possible. A private group setting, with 16 beds and caring staff members on hand through the entire journey, helps you or your loved one gain a foothold in the journey of recovery.
Physical withdrawal symptoms, which can range from mildly annoying to medically dangerous, are one reason it can be difficult for individuals to maintain sobriety. Withdrawals can be extremely unpleasant and even cause long-term health problems, and dealing with symptoms such as aches, nausea and vomiting, depression and even seizures for days or weeks often forces individuals to return to using.
Withdrawals are also a top reason that many individuals find it impossible to quit using drugs and alcohol on their own. Addiction isn’t simply a bad habit you can change with willpower; it’s a chronic condition that can require expert help to develop a long-term treatment plan.
At our Florida drug detox, we help you avoid the discomfort and danger of withdrawals through carefully monitored medical detox. Clinical staff administers prescription drugs designed to help your body reduce its dependence on specific substances, such as opioids or alcohol, over time. At the same time, our 24-hour medical staff is available to treat any withdrawal symptoms that do arise.
The staff at our detox center understand willpower it takes to regain control of your life, and our detox process provides support to help you stay the course with your recovery decision.
At First Step, we understand what you are going through and will do whatever it takes to help you regain control of your life, successfully.
- Less discomfort and pain during detoxification, thanks to the experience of our highly skilled staff.
- The ability to create an individual treatment plan and recover on your own terms.
Recovery should never be a one-size-fits-all process because every person struggling with addiction is unique. Their story, their body and even their mental health is unique to them, which is why our treatment teams work with you to develop a detox program and recovery plan that works best for you.
We help people who are struggling with the addition of a variety of drugs, including:
- Benzodiazepines, such as Valium, Xanax, and Ativan
- Opiates, such as Oxycontin and Codeine
Our clinical staff knows that recovery from an alcohol addiction isn’t simply a mind-over-matter proposition. If your body is physically dependent on alcohol, stopping use can lead to withdrawals, just like with other substances. That’s why our detox protocol may provide medically supervised treatment for those struggling with alcohol addiction.
While it might seem counterintuitive to treat an addiction to one substance by prescribing another, rest assured that our treatment approach is medically supervised and safe. Clinical and Medical staff monitor every step to ensure each patient is as safe and comfortable as possible throughout the process. Numerous studies published by organizations such as the National Institute on Drug Abuse show that, in many cases, medical detox coupled with behavioral therapy is more successful than behavioral therapy alone.
What our Center Clients Say:
We’re always so happy to showcase our success stories and testimonials from the many men and women who left our facility as completely different people compared to how they entered.
The process was smooth, and quick. They made sure I was comfortable every step of the way, and kept in communication with my family. The amenities here made it seem less like a hospital, and more like a relaxing place to safely detox. Thanks.Anna
I was shaking, and having some scary withdrawal symptoms the last time I went to detox. This time when I came here, everything went well, and I don’t remember a minute of feeling uncomfortable. You were all very professional. I am grateful.William
I was sober for 3 years before coming to the first step detox. I must say that I was extremely impressed by the medical staff, and the attention they gave me the entire time I was there. In the last place, I seemed to be another number, and was lost in the mix.Bruno
While every person and treatment plan is unique, some common steps in the detox and recovery process at our detox center are summarized below.
- Assessment. Our intake coordinators spend some time talking to you to understand your substance use history, your physical and mental health history and other factors that may contribute to plans for your recovery.
- Treatment planning. You work alongside experienced medical and clinical professionals to create a treatment plan that addresses your specific needs.
- Inpatient detox. You’re admitted to our inpatient program, where you’ll find a comfortable bed, excellent meals and comprehensive clinical care as you detox. Depending on what type of substances you’ve been using — how much and how often — detox might include administering medications that ease the process and reduce cravings that you may experience. Medical staff also provide supervision and treatment to help alleviate withdrawal symptoms.
- Residential treatment. After successful inpatient detox, some patients are able to leave our Florida detox program and seek treatment in an outpatient capacity. Other patients may not be ready for that step, which is why we offer a residential recovery program. Whether you’re still dealing with some withdrawal issues, have a psychological addiction in addition to a physical one, or have co-existing mental health diagnoses, continued treatment in a residential environment can help you build a stronger foundation for long-term recovery.
If our qualified clinical and behavioral staff believe residential treatment is right for you, some treatment methods you may take part in include:
- Individual and group therapy to help you identify triggers for substance abuse and address the impact of mental health and medical diagnoses on your recovery
- Education and support from counselors, so you can develop healthy coping mechanisms and learn about holistic recovery, which can include changes in diet, exercise and even social activity
- Recreational therapies that help you practice healthy coping mechanisms and work through addiction, psychological and other issues in creative ways
We believe in holistic treatment. We know that addiction doesn’t come from a single place, which is why we provide a number of services to keep our patients comfortable and help them through the recovery process. That includes chiropractic and acupuncture services, proven to alleviate physical symptoms.
Whether you’re discharged directly after inpatient detox or you go through our residential recovery program, you’ll leave First Step Detox with a complete treatment plan and appointments or recommendations for follow-up care with individual providers, outpatient programs or groups.
The Benefits of Recovering at our Florida Detox Center:
Effective detox and recovery requires a comfortable, safe environment where you can concentrate on your needs and addiction recovery process. Inpatient detox is a proven method for helping individuals begin a long-term recovery because it allows for these things. Our south Florida detox center provides these benefits in a welcoming, relaxing environment.
Here are some specific benefits of treatment in our inpatient Florida detox program.
- Luxury rooms. We strive to create a luxurious and private atmosphere you can enjoy. Shared and Private Rooms are available and include; comfortable beds, flat-screen televisions and other amenities.
- Enjoyable common areas. Spend time with other residents or alone in scenic outdoor areas or recreational and entertainment spaces.
- A relaxing atmosphere. There’s a reason so many people vacation in or retire to south Florida, and that ambience is definitely present in and around our detox center. Just being able to walk outside in the warm Florida sun offers a positive boost to many people in recovery.
- Professional staff. Led by board-certified psychiatrists and counselors, our experienced, compassionate staff are well-versed in recovery needs and treatment methods. They take time to listen to your needs, respond proactively and guide you through every step of the inpatient detox and recovery process.
- Joint Commission accredited. Our facility holds an accreditation from the Joint Commission, and independent, not-for-profit organization. This means all our services meet strict regulatory guidelines, that ensure quality of care.
- We accept insurance. We work with a variety of federal and commercial insurance payers. Before we provide any treatment, we verify your insurance so you know whether we accept your plan and what services it will cover.
Don’t Wait to Get Help With Your Addiction
It’s never too late to seek help, and you don’t have to continue living in the shadow of your substance abuse disorder. Our caring staff is available to answer questions and provide additional information about our Florida detox program 24 hours a day, all year.
Call us at 877-248-0620 or complete the online information request form.
Don’t let fears of withdrawal symptoms keep you from recovery. We can help make you comfortable during detox from drugs or alcohol. We can help you take the first critical steps to sobriety.