Recover from Drug & Alcohol Addiction at our Florida Detox.
*joint commission accredited facility.
Alcohol withdrawal may require medical treatment. Medications may be used to treat physical symptoms while counseling and support groups help address behavior.
Medically assisted inpatient detox with 24 hour supervision. Safely recover in a comfortable and private environment. Private rooms available upon request.
Inpatient Detox and residentail facility equipped to treat co-occurring mental health issues.
At our South Florida drug detox we help patients avoid the discomfort and dangers of withdrawal through carefully monitored medical detox.
What we do?
Clinical staff administers prescription drugs designed to help a patient’s body taper its dependence on specific substances, such as opioids or alcohol. Our 24-hour medical staff is available to treat any withdrawal symptoms that do arise.
At First Step Detox, we understand what you are going through and will do whatever it takes to help you regain control of your life, successfully.
First Step Detox isn’t a standard drug or alcohol abuse treatment center...
We couple medically supervised detox with proven behavioral therapies to treat the entire person, making our patients as comfortable throughout the process as possible. A private group setting, with only 14 beds and caring staff members on hand through the entire journey, helps patients gain a foothold in recovery. Physical withdrawal symptoms, which can range from mildly uncomfortable to medically dangerous, are one reason it can be difficult for individuals to even attempt recovery. Withdrawals can be extremely unpleasant and even cause long-term health problems.
Dealing with symptoms such as aches...
nausea and vomiting, depression and even seizures for days or weeks often force individuals to return to using. Many individuals find it nearly impossible to quit using drugs and alcohol on their own. Addiction isn’t simply a bad habit you can change with willpower; it’s a chronic condition that can require expert help to develop a long-term treatment plan.
Recovery should never be a one-size-fits-all process because every person struggling with addiction is unique. Their story, their body and even their mental health is unique to them, which is why our treatment teams work with you to develop a detox program and recovery plan that works best for you.
We help people who are struggling with a variety of drugs, including:
- Benzodiazepines; Valium, Xanax, and Ativan
- Opiates; Oxycontin and Codeine
If your body is physically dependent on alcohol, stopping use can lead to withdrawals. That’s why our detox protocol may provide medically supervised treatment for those struggling with alcohol addiction.
While it might seem counterintuitive to treat an addiction to one substance by prescribing another, rest assured that our treatment approach is medically supervised and safe. Clinical and Medical staff monitor every step to ensure each patient is as safe and comfortable as possible throughout the process.
Numerous studies published by organizations such as the National Institute on Drug Abuse show that, in many cases, medical detox coupled with behavioral therapy is more successful than behavioral therapy alone.
Benefits of a Residential Treatment Center after detox:
- Individual and group therapy to help you identify triggers for substance abuse and address the impact of mental health and medical diagnoses on your recovery
- Education and support from counselors, so you can develop healthy coping mechanisms and learn about holistic recovery, which can include changes in diet, exercise and even social activity
- Recreational therapies that help you practice healthy coping mechanisms and work through psychological issues in creative ways
We believe in holistic treatment. We know that addiction doesn’t come from a single place, which is why we provide a number of services to keep our patients comfortable and help them through the recovery process. Pain managment that includes chiropractic and acupuncture services, proven to alleviate physical symptoms.
The Benefits of Recovering at our South Florida Detox
Effective detox and recovery requires a comfortable, safe and stable environment where you can concentrate on the recovery process. Our center provides these benefits in a welcoming, relaxing environment. Here are some specific benefits of treatment at our inpatient center:
- Luxury rooms. We strive to create a luxurious and private atmosphere you can enjoy. Shared and Private Rooms are available and include; comfortable beds, flat-screen televisions and other amenities.
- Enjoyable common areas. Spend time with other residents or alone in scenic outdoor areas or recreational and entertainment spaces.
- A relaxing atmosphere. There’s a reason so many people vacation in or retire to south Florida, and that ambience is definitely present in and around our facility. Just being able to walk outside in the warm Florida sun offers a positive boost to many people in recovery.
- Professional staff. Led by board-certified psychiatrists and Masters level counselors, our experienced, compassionate staff are well-versed in recovery needs and treatment methods. They take time to listen to your needs, respond proactively and guide you through every step of the inpatient detox and recovery process.
- Joint Commission accredited. Our facility holds an accreditation from the Joint Commission, and independent, not-for-profit organization. This means all our services meet strict regulatory guidelines, that ensure quality of care.
- We accept insurance. We work with a variety of federal and commercial insurance payers. Before we provide any treatment, we verify your insurance so you know whether we accept your plan and what services it will cover.